[SDL] how to draw an image mirrored?

Alex Barry alex.barry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 10:18:47 PDT 2010

Mason, you seem to be ignoring one fact - that's all new devices.  The
average joe usually doesn't have the most up-to-date system, and may or may
not have a hardware accelerated system available to them.  I would say it's
a safe bet that if they don't have a computer that's hardware accelerated,
they likely don't have a hand-held device that is either.
Flipping an image is almost certainly not hardware dependent - it's all
about pixel order.  All Sam is saying is that mirroring an image takes a few
more steps than just saying SDL_MirrorTexture( source, dest, flags );
Right now, I'm not using 1.3 for the sake that I'm awaiting the official
release, so I'm not sure on the exact setup, but your best bet is to go into
the win32/linux/mac native code, using their respective backends, and seeing
if it's possible to mirror a surface with those APIs, in which case, it'll
take care of all the dirty work.

Take care,
-Aex