[SDL] OSX-...SDL_ttf, missing required architecture x86_64 in file.

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:43:58 PDT 2010

> I've been using OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 for about a day now.
> I wish to use Code::Blocks for OS X and not Xcode.

> How do I "grab" SDL 1.2, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, & SDL_ttf from "repo"?
> (Does OS X have some package manager like Ubuntu?)

The "repo" is the source code repository.
Instructions are here:
http://www.libsdl.org/hg.php
To use Mercurial, you will need to install Mercurial.

If you want to use Code::Blocks for your project, that's your
business. However, to build our stuff from source, you are going to
have to learn other things because we don't use Code::Blocks.
Developing on OS X is tricky because we have multiple architectures,
32-bit and 64-bit, frequent upgrade cycles with APIs that become
deprecated, and now this whole iPhone/iOS thing. I've never heard of
Code::Blocks and I suspect many Mac developers haven't either so you
may have trouble getting the hand-holding you want. I think you are
going to have to learn something about the platform if you continue
developing on it in order to support your Code::Blocks desires.

If only SDL_ttf is a problem, then you only need to get the source of
SDL_ttf. I think we released official builds (those .dmg's containing
the .frameworks) for all the others.

But you might be in luck. I am vaguely recalling somebody complaining
there was no new SDL_ttf binary release. So I posted a build here:
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/SDL_Clipboard/documents

So you can skip building from source.

-Eric