[SDL] make install target incomplete in SDL trunk?

Shawn Walker binarycrusader at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 19:31:19 PST 2010

On Dec 31, 2010, at 7:22 PM, Shawn Walker wrote:

> I noticed this evening that a "sudo make install" didn't install SDL_config_macosx.h in my Snow Leopard system.  This of course lead to tears later when trying to compile a test program.
>
> In fact, none of the platform specific SDL_config_* files got copied to /usr/local/include/SDL; should they have been?

And of course, immediately after sending this I realised what the problem was :-/

I had built SDL using the included Xcode project, but then had done a make && make install from the command line (since I didn't want to use the dmg/framework).  Urk.  This had left me with the default SDL_config.h which includes SDL_config_macosx.h and thus resulted in problems since the install target doesn't expect to copy the platform specific config files over (rightfully from what I can tell).

After clobbering my SDL workspace and running autogen.sh, configure, and make install again, everything was as expected.

Apologies,
-Shawn