[SDL] Questions about SDL 1.3

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 12:02:50 PST 2010

Wait, what do you mean you can't scale with this?  When you draw a rect to the
renderer, if you make the width and height of srcRect different from the
dimensions of dstRect, it will scale.

________________________________
From: ebyard <e_byard at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [SDL] Questions about SDL 1.3

Intermediate textures are very useful indeed.

My big problem is that my target systems will be one of three screen sizes (2x
512x384, 2x1600x1080 and 2x1024x768). I need to be able to draw a finished
"frame" to the window - something I can't do at the moment as you can't draw
Rects to the renderer.

Code:

SDL_RenderCopy(mgtTextures[scrNum],&srcRect,&dstRect);

..will draw stuff to the renderer, sure, but you can't do any scaling with this.
If you could copy to an intermediate texture, and then just do the line above
with NULL as the destination rectangle, everything would be OK. Even then, the
scaling stuff needs work as the quality is very poor. I can't get 3 different
sets of graphics made for each screen size