[SDL] Questions about SDL 1.3

ebyard e_byard at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 27 11:58:01 PST 2010

Intermediate textures are very useful indeed.

My big problem is that my target systems will be one of three screen sizes (2x 512x384, 2x1600x1080 and 2x1024x768). I need to be able to draw a finished "frame" to the window - something I can't do at the moment as you can't draw Rects to the renderer.

Code:

SDL_RenderCopy(mgtTextures[scrNum],&srcRect,&dstRect);

..will draw stuff to the renderer, sure, but you can't do any scaling with this. If you could copy to an intermediate texture, and then just do the line above with NULL as the destination rectangle, everything would be OK. Even then, the scaling stuff needs work as the quality is very poor. I can't get 3 different sets of graphics made for each screen size :-(