[SDL] My SDL files are being saved as C source files.... not c++

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Mon Dec 27 02:50:00 PST 2010

On Monday 27 December 2010, at 08.26.54, "Soap360" <adam_burn at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I recently learned the basics of C++ and am moving onto SDL for graphics. I
> wrote the basic program, and just noticed that the icon for my file is
> listed as C. Not C++. Is this a problem? I never learned C, everythings
> going well so I dont know.  :P I open an empty project and yeah.. just do
> stuff? How can I switch to C++?

That's just your file manager (or whatever it's called on your OS) that
doesn't know about C++, or doesn't care to make the distinction.

They're all just text files anyway, so it doesn't really matter, unless you
absolutely want the file manager/desktop/whatever to open C and C++ files
using different applications. As long as you're just using the files with
development tools in the usual way, you don't need to care about this. :-)

--
//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |