[SDL] Building against a specific MS runtime version

ebyard e_byard at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 10:23:02 PST 2010

Well I managed to get it working by using dependancy walker to show what's going on. SDL_image needs most of the CRT stuff, so I just static linked everything and now the exe runs on the target OK, but the problem now is that SDL_CreateWindow makes the system give an exception and Windows shuts it down.

My code is:

window1 = SDL_CreateWindow("WINDOW 1",0,0,1024,768,SDL_WINDOW_SHOWN|SDL_WINDOW_MAXIMIZED|SDL_WINDOW_BORDERLESS);

and this fails dramatically on XP, including a "send error report to Microsoft" rubbish. I'll try to send a log file for more information.