[SDL] Building against a specific MS runtime version

Felipe felipe.otamendi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 09:44:35 PST 2010

Make sure to compile your program and all its dependencies with the same
runtime (Multi threaded or single threaded dll's) and also to do it in
release mode. Check your program's dependencies in the target computer with
something like dependency walker or pe-explorer. Maybe some static lib or
dll you are using is linked to a debug runtime dll you are not including, it
happened to me once.

You could also try to use MingW to compile everything. If your project is
small it would be fairly easy to set up using Code::Blocks.