[SDL] SDL 1.3 image scaling

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 11:42:51 PST 2010

Actually, nevermind.  I was reading the code wrong.  It looks like these
different modes are supported.  Maybe they just don't do all that much under
D3D.  Try using the GL renderer and see if it looks any better.

________________________________
From: Mason Wheeler <masonwheeler at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL 1.3 image scaling

Well that's odd..  It looks like the code in D3D_RenderCopy actually supports
different scale modes, but D3D_SetTextureScaleMode doesn't actually support
*setting* the mode!  You ought to write up a patch for it.

________________________________
From: ebyard <e_byard at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [SDL] SDL 1.3 image scaling

Hi Folks

I'm scaling an image from 1024x768 to 1280x1024, and the result looks like a car
crash. It's all pixellated and horrible, whereas if I scale it in Fireworks/GIMP
etc it looks OK.

I see a comment that "SDL_TEXTURESCALEMODE_FAST is the only type supported at
this time" and the SDL source seems to confirm it.

Is there any way to get it better? I am using DirectX - what about GDI or
something??

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Ed