[SDL] SDL 1.3 image scaling

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 10:57:34 PST 2010

Well that's odd..  It looks like the code in D3D_RenderCopy actually supports
different scale modes, but D3D_SetTextureScaleMode doesn't actually support
*setting* the mode!  You ought to write up a patch for it.

________________________________
From: ebyard <e_byard at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [SDL] SDL 1.3 image scaling

Hi Folks

I'm scaling an image from 1024x768 to 1280x1024, and the result looks like a car
crash. It's all pixellated and horrible, whereas if I scale it in Fireworks/GIMP
etc it looks OK.

I see a comment that "SDL_TEXTURESCALEMODE_FAST is the only type supported at
this time" and the SDL source seems to confirm it.

Is there any way to get it better? I am using DirectX - what about GDI or
something??

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Ed