[SDL] osx fullscreen sw vs hw

Patrice Mandin mandin.patrice at orange.fr
Tue Dec 21 13:12:02 PST 2010

Le Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:18:00 -0700
jon <jon.rafkind at gmail.com> a écrit:

> To set the fullscreen mode in my game I call
>
> screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(width, height, SCREEN_DEPTH, SDL_HWSURFACE |
> SDL_DOUBLEBUF | SDL_FULLSCREEN);
>
> whereas for windowed mode I call
>
> screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(width, height, SCREEN_DEPTH, SDL_SWSURFACE |
> SDL_RESIZABLE);
>
> On windows and linux both fullscreen and windowed mode work fine, but on
> osx 10.6 only windowed mode looks fine. In fullscreen mode I get weird
> colors: http://www.cs.utah.edu/~rafkind/tmp/paintown/ss.png

Most likely you got a different organization for R,G,B,A storage in the
SDL_Surface.

Compare the values of the pixel format for the screen
SDL_Surface->format between fullscreen and windowed mode, and check
your drawings are properly done:
http://wiki.libsdl.org/moin.cgi/SDL_PixelFormat

--
Patrice Mandin