[SDL] png transparency in testgl.c from sdl package

image28 image28 at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Dec 12 16:29:31 PST 2010

I think the blending is setup right because when I use the original testgl.c code which loads a RGB bmp file and converts it to a alpha surface it is blended perfectly, but when I switched the SDL_LoadBMP with IMG_Load and the file from a RGB bitmap to a RGBA png file the blending stopped working. I got the RGBA pixels and printed there values and they were correct, 0 for transparent area, 255 for solid areas. and lower values for the partly visible colours.