[SDL] Can't run SDL apps in OSX 10.6

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 03:06:08 PST 2010

> I'm trying to run a simple SDL test under OSX 10.6 but it fails, saying:
>
>   *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception
> 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Error (1002) creating
> CGSWindow'
>   *** call stack here
>   terminate called after throwing an instance of 'NSException'
>
> Versions:
>  - OSX 10.6.5
>  - SDL 1.2.14 from MacPorts
>

> Have I missed something ?

Try the SDL.framework from the official binary DMG with the starter
Xcode projects from the dev-extras DMG. I haven't seen your error. I
just tried the basic Xcode template project and the OpenGL Atlantis
template project and both worked fine for me under 10.6.5/1.2.14.

-Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development
http://playcontrol.net/iphonegamebook/