[SDL] Attempting to make SDL wrapper for QB64 - First hurdle!

Alex Barry alex.barry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:30:58 PST 2010

hey there,
I'm happy to see that QB64 has some progress being made on it (I use
freebasic, but I always keep track of QB64)
Anyway, there are a few issues with your code that I'm not sure they will
fix your error, but will help in the long run.

First, use SDL_WasInit() to check to see if SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK was
initialized/available.

Next, make sure you're returning the result of the function and not the
address of the function.
void *address = &SDL_NumJoysticks;
int result = SDL_NumJoysticks();

I think the lack of braces is probably what's throwing your code off.