[SDL] Thread creation in the beginning of SDL initialization and thread safety.

Gabriele Greco gabriele.greco at darts.it
Mon Dec 6 02:23:32 PST 2010

> I suspect they are being overly paranoid, while being strictly
> correct. I cannot imagine that SDL would interfere with curl's
> initialisation routine.

Well, if they both use for instance inet_ntoa(), strtok() or localtime(),
just to show three standard library function whose evilness in multithread
programs is well known, they could interfere each other.

If curl documentation states a similar warning it's obviously because it is
calling one or more of these multithread unsafe apis.

I ignore why they did not fix the problem since there is always a
thread-safe variant for those.

--
Bye,
 Gabry