[SDL] Thread creation in the beginning of SDL initialization and thread safety.

Brian Barrett brian.ripoff at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:54:48 PST 2010

When are these extra threads created then? Is it when you call
SDL_Init(), or before?

If during SDL_Init(), can you not invoke curl_global_init() before
that? If before (at process start time), then nothing can be done, and
I assume any such threads are part of a normal process startup

I suspect they are being overly paranoid, while being strictly
correct. I cannot imagine that SDL would interfere with curl's
initialisation routine.