[SDL] PNG Alpha Transparentcy

Christian Leger chrism.leger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:38:13 PST 2010

Hi,

I've had this exact problem. I don't even know whether or not the SDL_image
libs support keeping the alpha when loading png's.

What I've done is to write a simple conversion function which takes a 24-bit
image and converts it to a 32-bit image, assigning alpha of 255 everywhere
that the image isn't black, and alpha of 0 everywhere else. If that sounds
like code you could use, I'll gladly send it over.

Thanks,

Christian