[SDL] Using mouse movement in SDL 1.2 even if cursor moves beyond window or screen

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:34:33 PST 2010

Hi,

As part of tuxmath, we now have an Asteroids-like game, and have added
mouse control of the ship.  Specifically, the ship's rotation is
controlled by lateral motion of the mouse.  However, this only works
until the cursor hits the edge of the window or screen.  The cursor
position itself isn't used by the program.  Does SDL provide a way to
receive all mouse-motion events, irrespective of the cursor position?
I can see that what I'm requesting might not make much sense if our
program is running in a window, but I would hope it would be supported
for fullscreen apps.

Thanks for any help,

David Bruce