[SDL] SDL 1.3 texture handling

ebyard e_byard at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 09:52:19 PST 2010

Hi

Sorry for all the threads - I am getting busy developing a new game on 1.3 so the problems are starting to raise their heads...

This one is a general question about textures, specifically, why when you create a texture, does it only do so for the current
renderer that is selected?

Assuming you're running more than 1 window, then it's not possible to "share" textures across the different windows which
sounds a bit crazy to me.

I need a cache of textures which I can display on any screen. They're just memory, after all? The only way around now
(please tell me if I'm wrong) is to make 2 textures, one for each window, which seems very wasteful of memory.

Thanks
Ed