[SDL] Problem to rebuild SDL with Windows 7 64-bits and visual C++

ebyard e_byard at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 07:36:09 PST 2010

This isn't really related to Windows 7 64 bit (I don't think) but since this is my system, you never know.

I get a bunch of errors when compiling the new SDL 1.3 source:

1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmReleaseContext at 8 referenced in function _IME_Init
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmGetContext at 4 referenced in function _IME_Init
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmAssociateContext at 8 referenced in function _IME_Enable
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmGetIMEFileNameA at 12 referenced in function _IME_SetupAPI
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmSetCompositionStringW at 24 referenced in function _IME_ClearComposition
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmNotifyIME at 16 referenced in function _IME_ClearComposition
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _VerQueryValueA at 16 referenced in function _IME_GetId
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GetFileVersionInfoA at 16 referenced in function _IME_GetId
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GetFileVersionInfoSizeA at 8 referenced in function _IME_GetId
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmGetCompositionStringW at 16 referenced in function _IME_GetCompositionString
1>SDL_win32keyboard.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd at 4 referenced in function _IME_InputLangChanged

...all seem to be from from library called imm32.lib - what is this, why is it in SDL (whatever happened to it compiling out of the box??) and how can I fix this?

Thanks
Ed