[SDL] SDL and WM_GETMINMAXINFO

MortenH mortenholmgaardmh at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 04:34:59 PST 2010

I am trying to set window min and max info, but WM_GETMINMAXINFO message is never received by the SDL event handling.

WM_GETMINMAXINFO // http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632626(v=vs.85).aspx
I have tried it both in the usual eventhandler:

Code:

while( SDL_PollEvent( &event ))
{
	if( event.type == SDL_SYSWMEVENT)
	{
		switch(event.syswm.msg->msg)
		{
			case WM_GETMINMAXINFO:
			{
				MINMAXINFO *minMaxInfoPtr = reinterpret_cast<MINMAXINFO*>(event.syswm.msg->lParam);
				minMaxInfoPtr->ptMaxSize.x=SCREEN_MAX_W;
				minMaxInfoPtr->ptMaxSize.y=SCREEN_MAX_H;
				minMaxInfoPtr->ptMinTrackSize.x=SCREEN_MIN_W;
				minMaxInfoPtr->ptMinTrackSize.y=SCREEN_MIN_H;
				minMaxInfoPtr->ptMaxTrackSize.x=SCREEN_MAX_W;
				minMaxInfoPtr->ptMaxTrackSize.y=SCREEN_MAX_H;
			break;
			}
		}
	}
}

And the eventFilter:
http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=6723&sid=d9da1419c23f24f3e9a2fa105ca3b35d
(The WM_GETMINMAXINFO isn’t there but in the eventFilter like the usual eventhandler)

I have read somewhere that WM_GETMINMAXINFO message is only send to the Main Window procedure, but this message don’t seems to be forwarded to any of these event handlers. And it should be the first message to be received.
Any one got a clue about how to get the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message in SDL?

PS. I have:

Code:

SDL_VideoInfo();
SDL_EventState(SDL_SYSWMEVENT,SDL_ENABLE);