[SDL] Thread creation in the beginning of SDL initialization and thread safety.

Michael Menegakis arxeio at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 03:43:43 PST 2010

I noticed that SDL is shown by the debugger to be spawning a few
threads in the beginning of SDL initialization [at least on OpenGL
context]. That's usually not of my concern, however, I noticed that a
tool I have to use [cURL] requires for thread safety to be initialized
before any thread creation. Are those threads of any real concern in
such concepts, or they can be generally be ignored? [are they just a
way for debugger to say 'I just used a DLL' etc.?]