[SDL] Documentation

Sam Lantinga slouken at libsdl.org
Thu Sep 10 07:02:36 PDT 2009

Thank you guys for adding info to the wiki!

We're actually starting a fresh Wiki for SDL 1.3 documentation, and
Lauren is coordinating that.  If you have suggestions, please send
them to me and I'll forward them along.

http://wiki.libsdl.org/

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Kenneth Bull <llubnek at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/9 GMScribe <ali_lowe at sky.com>:
>> Lack of documentation has been miffing me off, especially in regards to
>> knowing what features I have to use to plan projects based on SDL 1.3. As
>> such I've updated the API documentation to include 99% of functions and have
>> subcatagorised these to better show how they work together (for example
>> display devices vs display modes vs windows etc). I have added a contents to
>> comensate for the increased documentation size. We now just need to start
>> populating these links with data, a lot of which can be copied and pasted
>> from 1.2 of course. I think the biggest changes not indicated by the new API
>> would be the text input in events.
>
> I had this set up to work automatically as features were documented...
> To add a function to that list, all you need to do is make a new page
> with the appropriate categories (and maybe add another category to
> indicate it was undocumented if you don't feel like filling it in
> yourself).  The list itself requires no maintenance except
> DeleteCache.
>
> You can still find this page at
> http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL-1.3/API
> I see no reason to remove it and it's easier to maintain than a manual list.
>
>> I still need to enter information regarding haptic, however noticed that the
>> only source code was not in a major header. Are there haptic commands
>> available as official SDL API calls? If so in what source file, just so that
>> I don't start posting nonsense.
>
> The file you're looking for is SDL/include/haptic.h
>
>> Also I've made no attempt to include compatability information, I believe
>> this should be on a completely different page, if not just added to the SDL
>> 1.2 documentation to specify if it still works in 1.3.
>
> You could put this information on SDL-1.3/Changes
> http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL-1.3/Changes

	-Sam Lantinga, Founder and President, Galaxy Gameworks LLC