[SDL] highest resolution is invalid

Terry Welsh mogumbo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 21:57:26 PDT 2009

I'm using SDL 1.2.14.  WinXP has the idea that my monitor can go to
1920x1440 when it can really only go to 1920x1200.  When I set it to
1920x1440 in the display settings the monitor can't sync.

Naturally, SDL_ListModes reports 1920x1440 as an option.
Unfortunately, SDL_VideoModeOK also says that it is valid, so when I
try to go fullscreen I am choosing an invalid mode.  Does anyone know
a more accurate way to figure out the maximum valid resolution?

Oh, and I have tried passing 0 for width and height to
SDL_SetVideoMode, but that just sets the fullscreen resolution to be
what my windowed resolution had been.
--
Terry Welsh  /  mogumbo 'at' gmail.com
www.reallyslick.com  /  www.mogumbo.com