[SDL] [OT] "Text has zero width" isn't an error.

Edward Cullen screamingwithnosound at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:34:31 PDT 2009

2009/4/9 Mason Wheeler <masonwheeler at yahoo.com>:
>>Valgrind actually has a tool (helgrind) to help catch potential race
>>conditions. I've used it a few times, and it works surprisingly well.
>
> Oh? Now that *is* interesting!  How does it work?  Isn't determining
> that a race condition exists before it pops out of the woodwork and
> bites you supposed to be right up there with solving the halting
> problem?

The 'halting' problem states that there is no *general* Turing Machine
that is capable of determining whether a given (Turing Machine)
program and input will terminate. It does *not* preclude one machine
examining another in *restricted* cases. For example, it would be
possible to write a turing machine to determine that the C "while
(1);" does not terminate, but that is a special case, not a general
case.

Eddy