[SDL] Program crashes in release build

Pierre Phaneuf pphaneuf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 18:39:32 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Mybowlcut <mybowlcut at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The scary part is that include_ticpp.h is excluded from my build completely.
> The calls to throw_on_bad_element produce linker errors if I uncomment them,
> yet my code is happy to use ticpp::Element... can anyone please explain this
> before my head explodes?

It's excluded from the build completely, as in from the project file?
If it's still in the right location, it might get included nonetheless
(otherwise, the #include statement would probably cause a compilation
error, actually).

But it's source file probably did get excluded from the build, hence
the linking errors. I suspect that the methods called that do work
fine are defined in the header file (so no need for the source file),
but I can't tell for sure, since that header wasn't posted.

That'd be another case where Valgrind might point you right at the
culprit, but you'd have to run your code on Linux to use that (Purify
would do too, but that's US$870).

--
http://pphaneuf.livejournal.com/