[SDL] SDL and Videos

Phuoc Can Hua phuoccanhua at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 13 17:55:33 PDT 2009

Hi Francisco,
I don't know any SDL_video. But currently I'm working on my project which requires a video (alike) feature.
I'm using avisynth and blit with its API to SDL surface. Of course, this is not the most efficient way. I'm running a slide show. So the perfomance is good enough for me. But I doubt that you can bring it to 25/30 fps.

First, the down side of avisynth:
I only manage to get it compiled on MS compiler (that was forum's advice).

The good thing of avisynth, I can use all existing video effects in runtime. It's a scriptable video editing system. Therefore using it in realtime (preview mode) is not very efficient. But it's good enough for my slide show  :-)

HTH
Phuoc Can HUA

_/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\_ www.huaonline.com My Homepage is my Castle