[SDL] SDL embedded

Mike Mike miketop0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:10:24 PDT 2009

Guys,

   - Trying to run an SDL related app on an embedded system.
   - Cross compiled SDL library successfully [excluding X system
   (--without-x)]
   - As a test, tried to run an app (an x86 version), using the SDL library
   (but also disabling the X system)
   - obtained an error stating "Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video
   device"
   - did a search online.
   - found out it could be because I disabled X system
   - question: Am I getting this error because I did disable the X system?
   and if yes, does that mean I will have the same error when I port this app
   to my embedded system?
   - Thanks in advance

Mike