[SDL] HD resolutions from Playstation3 command-line

matt hull mattmatteh at mac.com
Tue Feb 26 11:51:58 PST 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 10:17 AM, Hess Mike wrote:

> Nah, I'm working through the PS3 OtherOS hypervisor.
> Its basically the Cell and 256MB system ram with a
> framebuffer.  Access to the GPU is blocked.  I just
> compiled SDL from source which has been great, except
> for this one problem.

i thought that both use the ps3 framebuffer for both console and
xorg ?   so it should be getting the exact same resolution.

> I haven't looked at SDL on the PS3.  Is there an
> existing port, or are
> you using the PS2 code?  I imagine HD resolutions
> aren't in the PS2
> resolution constants.
>
> You're welcome to submit a patch if you find out what
> they should use.
>
> See ya!
> 	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

i think the drivers for ps2 and ps3 are different.  dont think ps2
sdl would work on ps3.  different kernel, and different abstraction
layer (ps2 runtime and ps3 hypervisor)

matt