[SDL] SDL tampers with display power settings on the sly

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 07:36:52 PST 2008

in
the
middle
of
say
> Quake
Wars.
:)

3.  Playing a lengthy FMV or cutscene, in which case the user doesn't input
anything, but *still* doesn't want the screensaver turning on.  (This has caused
trouble for me on many applications, including several games, various media
players, and watching YouTube videos in my browser.)  Since this is a legitimate
problem just as much as the other two, there needs to be some way to deal with
it.  Is there a way to register an app with the system, with a "screensaver will
never activate while this app has focus" flag?  That would seem to me to be the
simplest solution, if it exists.