[SDL] Universal Binary Error while linking during cross-compilation...

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 17:25:58 PST 2008

>directories?
How
does
the
OS
know
which binary
run?

I'm not certain how it works in this case, but I know that under the old 68K architecture, the program code was stored in CODE resources in the resource fork, whereas under PowerPC, the program code was stored in the data fork.  This made it very easy to create a "fat binary" program that would run under both environments; just include both builds, each in its own default location, and let the system look for the code where it normally looks for it.  I imagine there's something similar going on in i386/PowerPC binaries.