[SDL] Universal Binary Error while linking during cross-compilation...

Dominique Louis dominique at savagesoftware.com.au
Fri Feb 22 17:21:27 PST 2008

Hi all,
   I have 2 or so questions about building Universal binaries.

1. I'm trying to cross compile from an i386 MacBook Pro to support
PowerPC I am getting the following error when linking to SDL...

"warning /sw/lib//libSDLMain.a archive's cputype(7, architecture i386)
does not match (18) for specified -arch flag:ppc(can't load from it)"

Any ideas?

2. How do i386 and PowerPC binaries co-exist in the same application
bundle? Do they sit in separate directories? How does the OS know which
binary to run?

Thanks,

Dominique.