[SDL] SDL displays screen when running testoverlay

Tafoni, Theodoros Mr CTR USA AMC Theodoros.Tafoni at us.army.mil
Fri Feb 8 05:27:25 PST 2008

I've installed SDL library on Fedora Core 6.  I compiled and started to
run the test programs to verify SDL functionality.  When I attempt to
run testoverlay, a window pops up and within a couple of seconds screen
goes blank.  I have to reboot the machine.

I've installed SDL on RedHat 4.4 and Fedora Core 5 w/o any this problem.
I don't know why FC 6 would cause this problem.  The H/W is a Dell
optiplex 945 with a Intel 82Q963 integrated graphics card.

I've ran all the other test programs that come w/SDL and all work fine.
The overlay test seems teh only program that causes problems.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Is there a solution/work
around?

Ted