[SDL] problems loading ogg and wav music.

Solra Bizna sbizna at tejat.net
Sun Dec 23 16:46:54 PST 2007

On 12/23/07, James Barrett <xucaen at gmail.com> wrote:
> play either with Mix_FadeInMusic() or Mix_PlayMusic() causes my program
> to crash. It never return from Mix_FadeInMusic() or Mix_PlayMusic(). I
> don't know what MikMod is, but I would assume based on the comments I
> read in SDL_mixer.h that these functions would open and play any
> supported file format. I only tried it the other way when all else
> failed. Are you able to get ogg music files to play using either
> Mix_FadeInMusic() or Mix_PlayMusic()?
It's been a while since I've used SDL_Mixer, but when I did I used
both Ogg files and (if I remember correctly) a FastTracker module
without problems.
Can you get a backtrace from the crash? Without a backtrace, debugging
this will probably be impossible. It'd also be helpful to know what
platform you're on and what compiler you're using.
As for MikMod, it is specifically a library for loading tracker
modules. It itself can't load formats like MP3 or Ogg (or WAV). For
more information, see the Wikipedia article on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOD_(file_format)
-:sigma.SB