[SDL] Subject line contains but there's X-Been-There header as well

James Barrett xucaen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:41:38 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 6:58 PM, Peter Lawler <libsdl.org at bleeter.id.au> wrote:
> existing headers. Lo and behold, there's an X-Been-There. So why the
> [SDL] in the Subject field? Surely that's adding (admittedly

Hi, just my opinion, but I always thought that the list indicator (in
this case the "[SDL]")  in the subject field is for the people, not
the software. I have several lists going to the same inbox, and I like
to scan quickly  (with my eyes) to see what lists have mail. The fact
that some software lets you do sorting and filtering on the subject
line is a convenience.  ;-)

Jim