[SDL] ANN: Kobo Deluxe 0.5.0 released!

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Sun Dec 16 11:59:05 PST 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007, neil at cloudsprinter.com wrote:

> one thing i thought was a little odd with this is i tried it on
> quite a fresh kubuntu install, ./configure ran through fine, then
> upon a make, it complained i hadn't installed g++, which is what i
> thought configure was supposed to do, so er, dunnos... probably just
> me, these things only ever seem to affect me.

Well, I would have thought the AM_PROG_CXX macro should notice if the
C++ compiler is missing, but I guess not...?

> but dont panic david, i apt-got g++ and everthing worked fine ;)

...and it even worked and didn't blow up or anything? ;-D

> only thing..  i did a make install and it didnt seem to appear in
> the k menu, dunno if it is supposed to..  tho it may have done by
> now as sometimes with kubuntu some things i install only appear in
> the k menu after a period of time suited by the program or kubuntu.

Well, there are .desktop files and icons in the included icons.tar.gz,
but I haven't written any script to install them anywhere. They're
provided so distro maintainers have something to use for their
packages. (They were in fact submitted by distro maintainers in the
first place.)

Not quite sure how to properly detect a "compliant" desktop
environment that can use these files - or even if it's generally
desirable for a non distro specific autotools packages to try such
things by default. Guess it can't do any serious damage anyway...

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |
|     http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting         |