[SDL] Getting SDL to work within Nintendo DS Emulators

Chris Herborth chrish at pobox.com
Sun Dec 9 06:09:44 PST 2007

Dominique Louis wrote:
>    I'm hoping to do some porting of an engine over to Nintendo DS. I
> would like to make sure it runs within one of the many Nintnedo DS
> Emulators before I invest in the cables etc to actually create a ROM.
>
> Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

I believe this is what you're looking for:  http://www.devkitpro.org/

And possibly this, too: http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/ndsSDL.shtml

I haven't tried it myself yet (stupid lack of free time), but those two
developments were what inspired me to order a homebrew card (Slot 1
Supercard DS; I can't seem to get my hands on "fast enough" microSD
cards for it though so I'll have to make sure my game doesn't make any
assumptions about how fast reads/writes are).

--
Chris Herborth (chrish at pobox.com)           http://www.pobox.com/~chrish/
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.