[SDL] smpeg on Mac OS X

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Dec 4 00:54:37 PST 2007

Dominique Louis escribió:
> Hi all,
>    I was really hoping that someone had put together a smpeg.Framework
> for Mac OS X, but alas I could not find one. If I were to attempt this
> task on my own, where would I start? I'm new to Mac OS X and my C/C++ is
> very rusty so all hints/tips welcome.
>
> If there is another cross-platform alternative to smpeg to play mp3
> files on Mac OS X, Win32 and Linux, that is also in Framework order,
> then I would love to hear about it.
>

> Thanks,

Maybe 'ffmpeg' is what you're looking for? See here
(*http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/documentation.html*) for some information,
there's even an ffmpeg and SDL tutorial in that page. I'm not quite sure
that ffmpeg can decode mp3 (I know it does support a hefty number of
audio codecs), but I'd surprised if it didn't. Hope this helps.