[SDL] Image resizing

David Olsen jolynsbass at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 09:11:27 PST 2007

You can try the SDL_resize library. It's not suitable for real-time
resizing(during the game) but works well for pre-rendering graphics before
the game starts(loading screen). It uses some better high-quality resizing
algorhythms than SDL_gfx, so the results are pretty nice, imo. Just make
sure you read the header for instructions on how to use it correctly.
http://libsdl.org/libraries.php?order=name&category=-1&completed=0&os=-1&match_name=resize&perpage=50
-Dave
p.s. it can also resize your 80x40 sprites to be 64x64, if you really want
to mess up the aspect ratio of the sprites, or you can simply scale it based
on percentages, while maintaining aspect ratio - your choice.