[SDL] Widget set

GyroTech gyrotech at freakinabox.com
Thu Dec 27 09:16:10 PST 2007

Hello all,
  I've been using SDL with OpenGL for a while now, and using AntTweakBar
if I ever needed a simple UI. Unfortunately, I have an app with greater
requirements, a model viewer. This app needs a much more dynamic
interface than I believe AntTweakBar is capable of, such as file
browsing windows.
  My non-OGL apps often use wxWidgets but most of the forum postings
I've read show a certain level of incompatibility between SDL and
wxGLCanvas due to the way they handle inputs and so forth. Plus the
little rendering engine I'm working on is using SDL rather heavily and
would prefer not to have to detach all the GL code form that.
  So, can anyone suggest either a good SDL-compatible advanced GUI set
or a way of getting SDL and wxWidgets to talk (maybe I could have a
wxWidgets 'main app' that casts off a thread in which SDL creates & runs
a window) or something else entirely.

Thanks for any ideas,

Gyro Tech