[SDL] tips for a beginner

Bob Pendleton bob at pendleton.com
Sat Sep 30 19:12:51 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 00:28 -0400, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> On Friday 29 September 2006 23:10, Sam Lantinga wrote:
> > > Also, don't get discouraged, it's sort of a large and overwhelming
> > > topic. Don't try to reimplement World of Warcraft on your first day.  :)
> >
> > *grin*  Unless... you're actually implementing World of Warcraft. ;-)
>
> No one would be crazy enough to do that.

You would be surprised... I teach an intro level programming class and
run a mailing list that welcomes newbies. Every year or so on the list
and several times in my class I have run into people who expected to be
able to write WOW from scratch in at most a few months. Lots of people
have no idea what goes into this kind of work.

		Bob Pendleton

> > 	-Sam Lantinga, Senior Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

+ email: Bob at Pendleton.com             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +