[SDL] Increment after time

Alan Wolfe Atrix2 at cox.net
Fri Sep 22 21:34:47 PDT 2006

There is a function called SDL_GetTicks() which returns a number of
milliseconds that sdl has been running (I think that's what it measures but
am not 100% sure).

You can call that function to get the number of milliseconds of when your
program starts up and then you can check in your game loop to see if
SDL_GetTicks() is 5000 greater than your first measurement (5000 miliseconds
= 5 seconds), if it is then you can increment your variable or whatever you
want to do after 5 seconds.

  _____