[SDL] SDL doesn't like C++...

Peter Mulholland darkmatter at freeuk.com
Sun Sep 10 17:53:49 PDT 2006

Hello Mark,

Sunday, September 10, 2006, 9:30:16 PM, you wrote:

> I'm currently setting up a 'new' machine (Dual 450Mhz G4, 1GB RAM, Mac
> OS X 10.3.9), and I've run into a problem after installing the
> development tools (Xcode 1.1) and SDL: whenever I try to compile a C++
> project using SDL (even the SDL template-projects), I receive the
> following error:

>> ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(eh_exception.o) illegal
>> reference to symbol: operator delete(void*) defined in indirectly
>> referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

This is definitely an Apple GCC bug as I was getting this problem when
doing a port that didn't use SDL. I never resolved it - in the end I
just upgraded to a newer Xcode - unfortunately the Xcode version in
question requires 10.4.

Shout at Apple.... but i've a feeling they don't care...

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:darkmatter at freeuk.com