[SDL] SDL_Video - Help with fullscreen, suppressed mouse

Christian Walther cwalther at gmx.ch
Thu Sep 7 04:10:57 PDT 2006

Damian Sobieralski wrote:
> I just want to display a fullscreen SDL app with the mouse
> pointer suppressed and get accurate mouse click coordinates. Is SDL not
> ready for prime time yet? I don't mean this as an insult but this seems
> like a fundamental problem that is making me wonder what I am doing
> wrong over and over again.
>  I really would like to use SDL, but the support for it seems rather
> lacking.  If I was trying to do something fancy with OpenGL I could
> understand the slow response. But trying to get a suppressed mouse to
> register clicks correctly?

I think the reason for the slow response is just that your problem is
not known to any of us. We're as helpless about it as you are. And if
nobody happens to have time to try to reproduce it, and if successful,
debug it - sorry, but you just have to live with that in an open source
project.

For the record, my primary SDL application (http://pipmak.sf.net/) works
just fine on Windows in fullscreen with hidden mouse cursor - and as far
as I imagine, countless others do as well. But since Windows is not my
main OS (I'm cross-compiling the Windows version on Mac OS X), I don't
think I can be of much help in this cause.

  -Christian