[SDL] SDL_Video - Help with fullscreen, suppressed mouse and mouse click coords

Damian Sobieralski dsobiera at asu.edu
Wed Sep 6 10:07:24 PDT 2006

> From: <benang <at> cs.its.ac.id>
> Subject: Re: SDL_Video - Help with fullscreen, suppressed mouse and
mouse click coords

> If I remembered correctly, the problem is not in the mouse click, but
the
> touchscreen click

 That's what I thought too. So I installed my app onto a workstation
that has never had a touchscreen driver installed on it. I alternate
between suppressing and enabling the mouse pointer (it flashes so I can
see where it is at) and the same thing happens. I think the touchscreen
is distracting troubeshooting from the actual culprit - mouse pointer
suppressed in fullscreen whether a touchscreen is hooked up or not.
Seems like as soon as I call DL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE), things go
wacky.  It almost seems like the origin of the screen coordinate system
goes from the upper left corner being 0,0 to the center of the screen
being 0,0.

> touchscreen's click coordinate is gone haywire. I've just thought
about a
> way to workaround this. I' planning to create a new mouse pointer with
all
> transparent color. Dunno if it willl work or not.

 Please let me know if it does. I'm going crazy on what seems like such
a simple thing.

- Damian