[SDL] Questions on Alpha channel

Lilith Calbridge lilith at dcccd.edu
Sat Sep 30 19:33:37 PDT 2006

Hello Gregory,

> I noticed that YUV overlays don't work in OS X in a window (there's just
> a black screen), but they do work fullscreen. Is this intentional?

> I'm trying to use SMPEG to play back cutscenes. Everything works fine in
> Linux/Windows both windowed and fullscreen.

I doubt it's intentional. There are some bugs in the OS X YUV support
(eg crashes on Intel Mac's - i've filed this in bugzilla). I'm not
sure if it's issues with Quicktime (used to do the conversion) or how
SDL is using it.

A quick fix is to put SDL_putenv("SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL=0"); at the
start of your program - this forces SDL to use software YUV
conversion.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:darkmatter at freeuk.com