[SDL] Sam is way ahead of us....

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Sep 5 08:53:54 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 17:17, Torsten Giebl wrote:
> Hello !
>

> > I just spent, a whole 20 minutes, looking at the SDL_video.h for
> > 1.3, which is something I should have done a looooong time ago.
> > Sam seems to be way ahead of anything we have been talking about.
> > Maybe we should just UTSL for a while and then think about
> > anything we think is wrong rather that sit here flapping our gums
> > while Sam builds SDL 1.3.
>

> Has Sam a solution for these problems already in SDL 1.3 ?
> How does it look like ?

Studying current SVN right now, but I'm not finding any changes that
deal with the issues I've been talking about. (Using the SDL managed
textures directly with OpenGL or Direct3D, and somehow cooperating
with, or replacing all or parts of a renderer.)

Either I'm not understanding it, or it isn't there yet. :-)

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |
|     http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting         |