[SDL] problem with a sdl-ttf-function (bug?)

OldSam sam at leetworld.net
Wed Sep 27 00:55:59 PDT 2006

Thanks, David. You said the magic words "What's the OpenGL blend
function you're using for rendering?" and after some googling found
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=409896&whichpage=1&#2729172

I was happy to find the following code because it took me ages to get
transparecy to work.
glEnable(GL_ALPHA_TEST);
glAlphaFunc(GL_GREATER, 0.1f);

but I should have been using

glEnable(GL_BLEND);
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

And now it is all sorted

Thanks,

Glenn