[SDL] loading xpm from memory

csaba198 at szervizes.homedns.org csaba198 at szervizes.homedns.org
Tue Sep 26 04:54:36 PDT 2006

My thoughts exactly. Xorg, GStreamer, etc don't provide plugin
interfaces for the developers health. SDL provides cross platform,
video/audio output (and possibly input) API. Hiding away valuable
hardware capabilities is a complete waste of resources. Who cares if you
use an accelerated backend if all you can do is standard blits. Alpha
blending, rotation, scaling (or simple geometry drawling)... those are
all basic things done in just about every game in the last 10 years. Why
must you jump through hoops or reinvent the wheel to use them in SDL?