[SDL] SDL_WM_SetCaption and Unicode.

Pablo Zurita pzurita at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:22:31 PDT 2006

The Express Editions use MSVC 8 run time dll's which cannot be simply copied
to the target machine. You must install them(the dll's) - yes it's dumb. I
think there might be a way to copy the program over w/o installing them, but
it's weird and I haven't tested it. Bottom line : It's a known issue that
you can't just copy an executable to another computer and have it run...
(Well, you *can* if you aren't using the DLL style of code generation, but
since SDL does... you'd have to do a static compile of SDL into your app or
something weird like that. Probably would be less work just to install the
MSVCR8 run times onto the target machine.)
I don't know if that actually helped or not. Hope it did.
-Dave